Fashion is all about experimenting with styles, pushing the boundaries, and setting new trends.
But despite changing seasons and tastes, the staple skills necessary for a fashion designer always stay the same. 200 Skills Every Fashion Designer Must Have offers a practical overview of the core concepts and techniques required. Readers will find:
- Step-by-step tutorials for essential skills
- Tips on techniques for sewing and alterations
- Guidance on working with fabrics, textures, and patterns
- Fundamental concepts explained in vocational context
- A review of the entire creative process, from idea generation, design, and garment construction to showing a collection on the catwalk
- Illustrations, photographs, easy-to-follow instructions, and more
Fashion students, bloggers, and aspiring professionals alike will discover what it takes to bring their ideas to life, establish their brand, and evolve from being a good designer into a great one.