100 Dresses: The Costume Institute / The Metropolitan Museum of Art
$24.95 (as of January 17, 2019, 10:21 pm) & FREE Shipping. Details
Coupons available for this offerView more coupons
- Offer expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) December 21, 2018.
- Offer only applies to products shipped and sold by Amazon.com (look for "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com" on the product detail page). Products sold by third-party
sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even
if "fulfilled by Amazon.com" or "Prime Eligible".
- Offer does not apply to digital content or subscriptions.
- Offer good while supplies last.
- Shipping charges and taxes may apply to the full value of discounted and free promotional items.
- Items must be purchased in a single order and shipped at the same speed to a single address.
- Offer limited to one per customer and account.
- Taxes, shipping and handling, and gift wrap charges do not apply when determining minimum purchase amount.
- The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $5.
- Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
- Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
- Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your order.
- If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to applicable refund policies.
- If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
- Unless an Amazon Gift Card is the stated benefit of the promotion, promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
- Enter promo code GIFTBOOK18 at checkout to qualify.
An impossible to resist look into more than 300 years of fashion through an exquisite collection of designer dresses
What woman can face up to imagining herself in a beautiful designer dress? Here, for the first time ever, are 100 fabulous gowns from the permanent collection of the renowned Costume Institute at The Metropolitan Museum of Art, every of which is a reminder of the ways fashion reflects the broader culture that created it.
Featuring designs by Paul Poiret, Coco Chanel, Madame Grès, Yves Saint Laurent, Gianni Versace, Vivienne Westwood, Alexander McQueen, and many others, this one-of-a-kind collection presents a stunning variety of garments. Ranging from the buttoned-up gowns of the late 17th century to the state-of-the-art designs of the early 21st, the dresses reflect the sensibilities and excesses of every era even as providing a vivid picture of how styles have changed—on occasion radically—through the years. A late 1600s wool dress with a surprising splash of silver thread; a large-bustled red satin dress from the 1800s; a short, shimmery 1920s dancing dress; a glamorous 1950s cocktail dress; and a 1960s minidress—every tells a story about its period and serves as a testament to the enduring ingenuity of the fashion designer’s art.
Images of the dresses are accompanied by informative text and enhanced by close-up details in addition to runway photos, fashion plates, artistic endeavors, and portraits of designers. A glossary of related terms may be included.
|Number Of Items|
|Number Of Pages|