Regulating Style: Intellectual Property Law and the Business of Fashion in Guatemala
$29.95 (as of January 17, 2019, 11:03 pm)
Fashion knockoffs are far and wide. Even within the out-of-the-way markets of highland Guatemala, fake branded clothes offer a cheap, stylish alternative for those that can’t come up with the money for high-priced originals. Fashion companies have taken notice, ensuring that international trade agreements include stronger intellectual property protections to prevent brand “piracy.” In Regulating Style, Kedron Thomas approaches the fashion industry from the point of view of indigenous Maya individuals who make and sell knockoffs, asking why they copy and wear popular brands, how they have interaction with legal frameworks and state institutions that criminalize their livelihood, and what’s in reality at stake for fashion companies within the global regulation of style.
|Number Of Pages|
- Creative Haven Fabulous Fashions of the 1960s Coloring Book (Adult Coloring)
- $5.99 (as of January 17, 2019, 10:03 pm) & FREE Shipping. Details
- Buy product
- Out of the Box: The Rise of Sneaker Culture Hardcover – July 7, 2015
- $34.71 (as of January 17, 2019, 10:14 pm)
- Buy product
- The Useful Knots Book: How to Tie the 25+ Most Practical Knots (Escape, Evasion, and Survival) (Volume 3)
$8.99(as of January 17, 2019, 10:14 pm) & FREE Shipping. DetailsSave $5.00 when you spend $20.00 or more on offered by Amazon.com. Enter code NOVBOOK18 at checkout.Your coupon will be applied at amazon checkout. Details
Coupons available for this offerView more couponsThe Useful Knots Book: How to Tie the 25+ Most Practical Knots (Escape, Evasion, and Survival) (Volume 3)Save $5.00 when you spend $20.00 or more on offered by Amazon.com. Enter code NOVBOOK18 at checkout.
- Offer expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) November 25, 2018.
- Offer only applies to products shipped and sold by Amazon.com (look for "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com" on the product detail page). Products sold by third-party
sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even
if "fulfilled by Amazon.com" or "Prime Eligible".
- Offer does not apply to digital content or subscriptions.
- Offer good while supplies last.
- Shipping charges and taxes may apply to the full value of discounted and free promotional items.
- Items must be purchased in a single order and shipped at the same speed to a single address.
- Offer limited to one per customer and account.
- Taxes, shipping and handling, and gift wrap charges do not apply when determining minimum purchase amount.
- The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $5.
- Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
- Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
- Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your order.
- If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to applicable refund policies.
- If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
- Unless an Amazon Gift Card is the stated benefit of the promotion, promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
- Enter promo code NOVBOOK18 at checkout to qualify.
- Buy product